25 August 2011

beach day

Spent yesterday afternoon at the beach with the kids and some friends. We frolicked in the waves and the kids attempted to build a driftwood beach fort, 'though only half-heartedly (usually they go at it with much more gusto). I got a slight sunburn on my knees of all places. I should've taken pics of the beach b/c it was GLORIOUS. We saw a seal swimming around and at the far end of the beach, a mass of seagulls resting on the fossil-imbued rocks. Spatterings of people down the beach, all playing in the waves (this beach is never crowded). Beautiful day.

The kids had black bean burritos we made for lunch (one of their faves) and lentil, zucchini and tomato casserole for dinner (with br rice & broccoli). I am filled with gratitude that nearly all our produce these days is coming from less than 10 kms from our house, from the fields of the local organic farm. Very blessed, we are.

Having trouble sleeping lately, but not worrying too much about it; feeling solid that it will pass in time.

no profound thoughts at this hour.

No comments: