28 March 2011

seeing Beauty everywhere

I picked up a copy of Anastasia (Vladimir Megre) the other day and began re-reading it yesterday... outside, on the deck... in the sunshine, with the birds chirping... and a raccoon sleeping in a tree not too far away. The sounds of nature definitely enhance one's reading experience of the Ringing Cedars series. It's such an easy read and really connects you with Nature on a level you hadn't previously known existed, imo. And now, mid-way through the book, it's simply amazing to me how everything around me is transformed... granted, I have the privilege of being surrounded by the beauty of Nature, and not nearly as many man-made things, but even in the things Man (and I use the term to define human beings, male or female) has built, there is a perfection, even in the half-finished, not completed things. It is a beauty "as it is" and releases me from expectations of perfection. I just love the Ringing Cedars series. I could speak volumes on it, but I won't. ;) If you've read it, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. And if you haven't, um... why not?!

No comments: