What a blur of a week! I had a national-level tai chi workshop on the weekend; I took my first national level workshop in September, so this was my second. I had a profound a-ha moment as I realized how far I still have to go with my tai chi. Watching someone who has been practising for 40+ years is pretty eye-opening; there's someone with INCREDIBLE focus and mental control!! It was a little disheartening, honestly, as I *thought* I had been doing well - only to see how much more I could improve. (out the window goes any self-conceit, LOL - a good thing!)
After the workshop (looooong days & not enough sleep) I was back at parenting - feeling like I hadn't had a break whatsoever. dh was home for a couple days yet and I always feel like when he's home we should make doing things as a family a priority, and so the housecleaning and such gets put aside (it's only for a few days, I reason). After he leaves town to go back to work I end up doing a major clean and decluttering around the house as there will inevitably be toys on the stairs and a lot of laundry and dishes piling up. This time was no exception as he had his buddy out to do more mudding/sanding/painting - you *know* how much mess drywall dust makes!!! So today I'm trying to get the house back in order for the week.
The kids are done homeschooling for the year (officially; in their day-to-day lives it makes little difference). All it really means is there's no reporting until fall. We're already planning our fall schedule with classes. I also had to do a couple annual reviews for different volunteer positions I hold; what a great opportunity to see where I've been in these roles and to create where I want to go with them. GREAT opportunity!!
Apart from all that, just trying to incorporate what I learned at the workshop into my life. Definitely aware that there is so much room for improvement in being fully present in my life. Developing intense mental focus and a deeper self-awareness. much more room for improvement, lol.
And with that, I go back to washing the kitchen floors of drywall dust, while cultivating gratitude for the opportunity, concentration and focus, and spiritual understanding and happiness. Who knew washing the floors would be so profoundly inspiring!?!
Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment