15 January 2010

Thursday

Seriously, not to get all Pollyanna-ish on you, but CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER?!?! Today was *bliss*.

I woke up early, had a refreshing shower and made myself a green juice, and ds and I finished off a Risk boardgame started yesterday (3 HOURS this morning!!) - get that brain strategizing! In the afternoon I scrubbed one of the bathrooms down (the essential oils leave it smelling so FRESH, you just keep going back in for no reason at all other than to enjoy the freshness of it!!), did other housework, and exercised. The kids had piano lessons and then I had a tai chi class tonight. And now I'm finishing off the day with a hot bath and a Reiki session!

I lovingly nourished myself today with:
- 2c of green juice (an entire bunch of spinach, ginger, and apple)
- as much water with fresh organic lime slices as I wished
- a bowl of raw muesli with sliced banana and raw sesame milk (raw muesli: soaked and dried oat groats, soaked & dried buckwheat, raisins, dried mango, shredded organic coconut, pumpkin and sunflower and flax seeds, a couple walnuts, goji berries...)
- about 1L of sesame milkshake with banana and some cacao nibs and soaked seeds and camu berry powder
- 3 brazil nuts
- 2 bananas and a handful of dried banana chips (i'm part-monkey?!)
- 1/2c of fresh OJ
geez, that's less than I normally eat! have i forgotten something?! ;)

absolutely *LOVE* when life flows like it did today. everything was effortless and without struggle. and that is the true essence of it all, isn't it? isn't that the way life *is* and then we humans go and ego gets involved and suddenly there are obstacles and challenges and hurdles to overcome and so on? but really, at the core of it all, if we can just breathe into it... life simply *is*.

And tonight we experience the new moon, and what a better way to celebrate than to enjoy this moment of life? Because you never know how many more moments you're going to be blessed with... :D (that's why it's perfectly okay to spend 3 hrs playing a boardgame with your son rather than anything else you think might be necessary to do right then. Because in that moment, time spent engaging with your child *IS* the most important thing to do. You'll never get that moment back. So cherish it.)

3 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Yno I read this post and I wanted to tell you to shut the hell up !
=)
You and your bliss. Me working with the public. See where I'm coming from?!?! (*inserts raspberries here*!!!!) Course I said that to someone at work and they said the grass is always greener. But I guarantee I would feel more calm, more blissed out if I lived an at home existence creating my own BLISS !!!

~n~ said...

someone told me today i live a life of an 'independently wealthy woman'. i laughed, but i guess it's true... at least, i can see how it would APPEAR that way... sometimes it seems like dire poverty, not independently wealthy, but whenever it seems like that, i just re-read all the books and sites on simplicity and frugal living, remembering that everyone makes CHOICES in life.

i think you would see your life in a different light if you were able to see it as a conscious choice, not a life sentence, lol. ;) be the bliss, man, be the bliss. (home does not create bliss... YOU create bliss wherever you are. Be it and it will be with you wherever you are.)

ohmmmmmmmmm..... ohmmmmmmmmmm.....

~n~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.