I've had a number of vague thoughts floating around my head lately... feelings, sensations, intuitions, more than clear, articulate thoughts on the topic of resolutions. I don't try to hatch them out before they're ready; no, best to let them come along on their own time...
And well, now is the time! Welcome to 2010, a new decade!!
What will we do with the next 10 years? What will we do with this moment? One thing I've been ruminating on is being of service. I grumble to those around me about how much time I spend volunteering on various things, but truth is, I *love* volunteering. I think our town is reportedly the volunteer capital of Canada, too. soooo many events around here simply wouldn't happen were it not for the volunteers. It's incredible. And I'm very grateful to be able to give of myself to my community, to my neighbours, to anyone who needs help... to use my self for the greatest good of all. So that'll be a resolution: keep on volunteering, being of service to others!
Another thing I've been pondering is gratitude. One thing I'd like to develop in 2010 is a really regular, consistent attitude of gratitude. I know I've made progress in this area, but still, I see I have a ways to go... gratitude for the food I eat, for my needs being met, for the gift of this moment.
Of course, like many others, exercise and diet are things I've been contemplating in regards to resolutions for the new year. I haven't exercised in earnest (i.e. daily) since September when I did a 30-day juicefeast. I *need* to get back into near-daily exercise. Sweating daily is so key for detox and I know how much I benefit from the exercise...
As far as diet goes, I love being a raw vegan. I am committed to continuing eating the raw vegan way... I am aiming to incorporate a daily green juice or green smoothie. I would *love* to see my family eat more raw foods (not exclusively, but more raw and less (or no) fried would be awesome) - I'll offer, but not push it upon them. I'd really like to go for some counselling around addiction issues (not alcohol or drugs, but food.... cooked food) this year. Try to sort out some of my attachments to food, rebuild a healthier relationship with food, where it becomes fuel for my body and not something to use to distract me from my life (if that makes sense). To develop a deeper sense of mindful connection between my food and my state-of-being.
To develop and explore more interests, maintain an open mind and attitude, to practice reiki and tai chi and meditation with more regularity, to pay off debt and live within my means (prosperity), to continue on the path towards greater health, to continue to enjoy the company of my children & dh and just be with them... ahhhh, the blessings of family, to connect with friends, to nurture my self (self-care and personal growth). There is one very specific thing that I'm really hoping to manifest in 2010, but I'll tease you by keeping it to myself for now. I have some idea of possibilities, glimpses of visions, of the year ahead and well, we'll just see how it all unfolds.
Tonight I stood under the full moon, stated my desires for continued excellent health, for prosperity, joy, LOVE and more and blew bubbles to send those intentions skyward. I also thanked Spirit for the unconditional love and support and guidance I always receive, and asked for continued support. My crystals are soaking in the moonlight tonight.
A bliss-filled start to 2010! Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment