10 January 2010

30-days of self-healing

I'm in the midst of 30 days of self-healing with Reiki. If you're unfamiliar with the idea, essentially I have committed to giving myself Reiki on the majority of the days over this month - 30 mins to an hour or more each day.

I'm on Day 5 and I'm continually surprised at how the Reiki energy manifests in my daily life. Yesterday, (and while you may not see the connection, I certainly do) I cleaned out - seriously de-cluttered - our laundry room, which doubles as a recycling room. I removed 4 blue bags of recycling, a blue bin, four boxes of items to go to Goodwill, and one bag of garbage (old lightbulbs and stuff; we don't get garbage pick-up so items like this just get stored aside until they accumulate enough to warrant a trip to the garbage drop-off/dump). Also got a call from someone who wanted our old stove/oven and they came and picked it up yesterday. I couldn't believe it - it had been sitting in the middle of our kitchen for over a month, with not one phone call, and as soon as I started this month of self-healing, things like this have started to resolve themselves, creating much-needed clarity and space in my life!

I'm not surprised by how I tend to fall asleep in the middle of a session, especially if the session is right before bed!! It's so very very relaxing!!! I try to give myself the session earlier in the day, or in the bathtub (although I've very nearly fallen asleep in there before, too!).

I don't know where exactly this month of self-healing will take me, in terms of personal growth, but I am committed to the journey. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this concept of 30-days of self-healing. :)

Namaste

No comments: