15 November 2009

A Saturday fast.

Saturday, for reasons I don't pretend to fully understand, I fasted on coconut water and green smoothie. I had more than 4L of young coconut water and 2L of green smoothie, as well as a cup of herbal tea. I don't know why I felt drawn to fasting... I didn't have the intention to when I went to sleep the night before, but upon waking, I just took it a moment at a time... In this moment, what do I feel like nourishing my body with? And apparently, young coconut water was the answer more often than not. I just felt so connected to Spirit by cleansing throughout the day. Each moment became a connection to the Divine.

I also tongue-scraped, did a couple hours of tai chi in the afternoon, and luxuriated in a very calming salt/b soda with lavender oil hot bath this evening. It's been a fabulous (although hectic) day!

AND I began reading what I can see will be an INCREDIBLE influence on my life: local author Star Weiss' book: Havens in a hectic world: Finding Sacred Places". Please, if you're at all interested in the spiritual journey that is your life, do read it. I'm 4 chapters in and am LOVING it.

Namaste'

5 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

So what's tongue scraping do? Don't you gag?! What do you use to do this?!

~n~ said...

ever notice your tongue is covered with a film of, well, stuff? wel, a tongue scraper (mine is plastic) helps to get rid of those toxins that are sitting on your tongue and also aids tremendously I find in warding off bad breath. Mine has a little brush on one side and provided you don't try to shove the thing down your throat, you won't gag... it's mostly the first half of the tongue you'll brush, then the other side of it has a very slight plastic 'edge' and you then 'scrape' off what you've brushed to loosen up. your tongue will look noticeably cleaner afterwards and it really only takes a minute. i picked mine up at the health food grocer in town and it only cost a couple bucks - similar to what you'd pay for a toothbrush.

Beauty of Expression said...

Thank for sharing that, I have never heard of tongue scraping...but God knows I have enough toxins in me trying to get out...screaming to get out.....lol

..and thanx for the book idea..I will look into getting one..

Namaste'

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my eye out for that book. And good for your on your fast. It makes you feel so much better doesn't it?

~n~ said...

yes, raising seven vegans, the fast felt GREAT! i fasted entirely on saturday and half of sunday before breaking it gently the rest of sunday and monday. it went VERY well!!