08 November 2009

quick check-in

i have another post i'm working on... it's just taking some time to get my thoughts together on it... but in the meantime, i just wanted to check-in and say we're having a great (leisurely) weekend. dh came home yesterday and we had a little 'saturday night house party' with the four of us... dh & ds having a pokemon battle and dd playing some piano and dancing (and waiting for her EXTRA loose front tooth to fall out!!!), and well, generally some loud music on the stereo (our nearest neighbour's away for a week, so crank up the tunes!!!)... i should note that we all live on one acre lots, so our nearest neighbour is still about 250 feet away from our house.... PLENTY of space as it is, but when you REALLY want to crank the tunes, well... LOL

today dh is off at army, and the kids slept in 'til 9, so i had a quiet leisurely morning so far... it's a beautiful, sunny, crisp autumn morning (after recent heavy rains) so i'll try to get outside to enjoy it. there's nothing we *have* to do today - nowhere to go, no errands or anything. weekly homeschool reports need to be done, but they don't *have* to be done today... tomorrow works just fine, too. :)

hope you have an enjoyable sunday as well!
~n~

3 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

Thank you for your comment! I wish we could choose our deployments! haha DH is in the enlisted army, so he has no choice where or what he does. He's trained, he's sent. No say in the matter! The reserves are the same, just less training (kinda). They have their normal weekly jobs and once a month go for a training weekend. But they have the same type of deployment that the enlisted do.
There is actually an article about his unit in the newspaper right now! He is the guy at the end who asked not to be named so he wont get in trouble with his chain of command hahaha

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/05/armored-troop-carriers-unsafe-for-afghan-duty/

My best friends DH is in the first picture, and my DH's best friend is in the second picture further down. It's not a nice article to read, its very truthful and scary. I actually didn't even read the whole thing. I am like you with the news... I don't want to know. I like being in the dark! I just keep pretending that he is just as lazy and doing nothing over there like he did when home ;-)

Haylee said...

I love days where nothing HAS to be done. I usually spend those days reading or watching TV or literally doing absolutely nothing (perhaps meditating). My Sunday was pretty good - worked all day, but it was a decent day. Thanks for your comments on my blog, too. After David got home we talked and it turned into ANOTHER argument, but I put my foot down and said no matter what it took we were NOT going to bed angry. And we did eventually resolve everything. :)

Anonymous said...

I love days where there is nothing that *needs* to be done! Enjoy them!