"To Your Health": International Day of Juice Feasting, Sunday Nov 29th...
I haven't mentioned food lately (how unlike me, LOL)... but came across a mention of celebrating International Day of Juice Feasting this upcoming Sunday, Nov 29th, and I think it's a lovely idea. Last year I juiced for 45 consecutive days, this year for 30... and there's the odd day in there as well... by "juiced" I mean I consumed nothing but raw, organic, fresh juices the entire day (usually 4-7 liters over the course of a day). And I'd like to add that the 45 day feast was using a Vitamix and nut milk bags as strainers... for 45 days, peeps. So even if you don't have a juicer, it can be done. And heck, if you`re not into an entire day of juices, why not run out to Booster Juice or your local juice bar and just have one on Sunday. Just TRY IT. It's very healing and delicious, and I, for one, will set aside my fork and knife on Sunday and join others around the world in celebrating the benefits of juicing.
Read more about it here.
So what have I been eating lately? hmm, 2L of green smoothie daily, generally... I had some salad mix tonight (right from the bag, LOL; i'd only just picked it up in our farm box) and a couple cherry tomatoes (also from the farm box)... earlier in the day I enjoyed a bowl of muesli with raw almond milk (Jennifer Cornbleet's recipes)... and I had a couple pieces of raw chocolate from the freezer... and a banana and an orange, and some herbal tea with stevia. Yep, I've been eating LOTS lately (and not exercising, and boy, am I ever feeling that!).
I've been surfing for raw recipes tonight and found a veritable treasure trove (yes, I really do talk like that) of recipes over at www.rawmazing.com I can't wait to try them... all. LOL
2 comments:
Congratulations on eating so healthy! I go in and out of it. Lately it's been out - completely out. I actually ate a bag of honey BBQ chips earlier. I knew as I was eating them that it would not end well, but I just couldn't stop myself. Sure enough, a few hours later I was doubled over in the bathroom. That's my thing lately - eating CRAP that tastes good but does nothing for me except make me miserable. I ate an entire Jesus-Christ-sized chocolate bar yesterday. For shame, I know... Part of the problem is money. We've been so strapped lately that we have literally been eating our way through pantry left-overs. Boxes of insta-noodles that have been there for months are seen as food once more. I am gaining weight and have been trying to run and do some exercise to make up for it, but it's hard to do all that when you're eating processed foods that give you ZERO energy. :(
This Sunday is my birthday. I have to work, and I have no money to purchase greens for juicing. But I will be celebrating the juice feasting day with you in spirit. I love green smoothies.
How are you able to drink two of them a day, btw? You must go through SO many greens. And do you make them both in the morning and refridgerate one for later - or make them as you want them? I don't think I'd have the time.
LOL I had half a Caramilk bar today, fwiw. ;)
I usually make a full Vitamix of smoothie - just over 2L and put it in 1L canning jars, and will put one away for later... but *sometimes* I will scarf both at once, but then I feel REALLY full, LOL. Do I go through a lot of greens? Well, usually one bunch per day - so one day I'll make a spinach smoothie, the next chard, the next lettuce, and sometimes one bunch of greens will be split between two batches of smoothie. I honestly could probably consume twice the amount of greens I do. I mean, I'd be even happier if I did. :)
I grow some greens, forage for some, get lots from our grocery delivery every other week, and a few from our farm box each week.... that seems to be plenty.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to make some kale chips in the dehydrator. YUMMERS!!
Post a Comment