oooh, an award... for me?! I'm blushing! of course, i'm on dial-up and having one heck of a time trying to get the pic of it onto the blog, so you'll have to just trust me on it... actually, check out this blogger who awarded it to me! (thank-you, THANK-YOU!!!)
So here's 10 honest things about me:
1. I don't like wearing make-up. I never was able to understand why it was socially acceptable for women but not men. If men look handsome 'as is', then imo, so do women. I had a neighbour remark yesterday I look far younger than my 34 years... which she attributed to my raw vegan diet. ;)
2. I can play part of Iron Butterfly's 1968 "In-a-gadda-da-vida" on the recorder. I *ROCK* at playing it, actually. hidden talent, who knew.
3. I like things put back in their place. Simply b/c, if you share a household with anyone else, everyone will always know where to find... the scissors, the extra lightbulbs, or the car keys. dh says I'm a bit OCD about it, but I disagree. I just appreciate order, not that I`ve been able to unclutter the house enough to get it into an orderly state.
4. I have had the same hole on my right ear pierced 7 times and on my left, 6. I kept getting infections within the initial 4-weeks after piercing, so I'd have to remove the stud, let it heal, and then get it re-pierced. FINALLY my mother figured out I was allergic to the cheap metals in the studs, and I got gold studs, and those were the ONLY earrings I could wear. Wearing cheap costume/fashion earrings gives me the start of an infection within HOURS. So about ten years ago, I gave up. I took the earrings out and now have no piercings. Oh, and for a couple years, I had my nose pierced. Which is another story in and of itself. A funny one. I'll tell you later. ;)
5. I am a middle child. My mother is a middle child. HER mother was a middle child. All three of us are the middle girls of girl-girl-boy families (does that make sense?). I *suffer* from middle child syndrome in the worst way. LMAO Just ask my sister.
6. I would *love* to have more children. Hopefully, more Aquarians, LOL. (dh, dd, and myself are all Aquarians, and ds is a Taurus)
7. When I was growing up, I was determined to become a clinical psychologist. And I was going to have my PhD by the time I was 25. I don't think I'll ever become a clinical psychologist, but I might like to get a master's in counselling psychology.
8. Throughout my life, I've noticed that at any given time, I have a very small handful of really close friends. I just do better one-on-one, rather than in larger social groups. On the Myers-Briggs, I'm actually INFP - introverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving...
9. I'm fascinated with self-discovery and lifelong learning. I love personal growth and the journey my life is on. And I've been bungy jumping off a 140 foot bridge, over a rushing river, twice (once at 18, then at 28. Ask me again in 4 years if I'm going to go a third time. I have no desire to right now, LOL)
10. I love my life. I adore my kids and husband. I'm very blessed to be supported by extended family and wonderful friends. I live in a beautiful rural community and have the ocean close by. It's paradise. And I'm really, really grateful for being able to share with others through blogs.
Which brings me to six other blogs I'd like to gift this award to (in no particular order):
Holymotherofgod
Raising Seven Vegans
Radical Radiance
Kristen's Raw
My Raw Spiritual Crazy Life
On-Purpose Living
Live for Today
I lost count. :D Some of you may have already received the award, and that's okay. I just really enjoy your blog, and am grateful for what you share on them. :) And I'm sorry I don't have the award picture. Like I say, dial-up internet service isn't at all cooperative with images. You'll just have to go to here to get it. ;)
3 comments:
Awwww! Thank you SO much! That was sweet of you.
Cheers XOXO,
Kristen
Thank you so much for the award! It seems we have a few things in common. I'm also an aquarius. And was also determined to become a clinical psychologist. And then I had children and realized that was ridiculous, how would I have time to be a clinical psychologist AND a mom (let alone survive the 7+ years training)? So I gave up on that and decided to pursue a masters in counseling psychology instead. I applied, got accepted, and realized all I really wanted was to be a mom and a wife. :) So for the forseeable future, all academic plans are on hold. :D Oh, and your Myers-Brigg type indicator looks vaguely familiar. I think mine is the same. lol. I don't wear make-up either (feels like face paint - yuck). And I'm also obsessive about things being in their place. Nothing can send my day tumbling downhill faster than looking for something and it not being where it's supposed to be. But, like you, I'm still trying to get the house to the point where it's EASY to put things back where they belong. I can't wear earrings either. My ears turn bright red within SECONDS of putting them in... gold or not. I give up. I'm not into jewellry... except my wedding rings, and my university ring. :)
I guess I should post the official 10 honest things about myself on my blog. Or maybe I'll just copy and paste yours. They're the same anyway. lol
Thanks again & take care,
Alissa
NOW you'll have to read MY blog!!! I've actually never done one of these before so I'm excited to try to think of 10 things- yikes! Yours were great lol.
Post a Comment