Wow. Raw food gives you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much energy. Seriously. Last night I was up until 1:30 and then forced myself to go to sleep. 6 hrs later, I was up and about. And here again, it's past midnight and I'm still going strong, although I know I'll need to just turn this thing off soon and again let sleep come.
And I had such a totally productive day today!! I worked in the office doing the bookkeeping for 6.5 hrs and got sooooo much accomplished. Admittedly, I was months behind on filing and the general books... I was up-to-date on the expenses and sending out invoices, but the general upkeep of the books was in a shambles. So today I made excellent progress; I probably have another 4 hrs to get things into tip-top shape and am looking at getting that done over this long weekend (p.s. here in Canada, Monday the 12th is Thanksgiving).
I have a lovely young coconut in the fridge right now... looks nice and fresh. Can't WAIT to crack it open tomorrow. And a cantaloupe as well; makes LOVELY juice. I'm sprouting some wheatgrass at the moment - going to try that with the blueberry & lime shots when it's ready. yummers.
Odd thing: the pinkies on both hands are freezing cold right now, despite the other fingers being warmer. Can anyone hazard a guess as to why? It's like the extremities of the extremities... weird.
Had someone ask me: What does a raw vegan eat for Thanksgiving dinner? Good question. Last year, we were travelling through the Maritimes and ended up at the Sunshine Cafe on Main Street in Antigonish, Nova Scotia and had a lovely meal there (yes, I had salad, LOL). So last night, I started googling "raw vegan thanksgiving/holiday meals/etc." and came up with some great links.
One is a youtube video - search for Raw Vegan Thanksgiving with the Loucks family on youtube. I don't have the link at hand but it was a great 6 min vid with a few recipes at the end.
I think if I were to make a Thanksgiving meal, I'd probably make:
- appetizers like raw crudites with a creamy cashewy dip, or even guacamole, salsa, maybe even raw non-dairy sour "cream" and some raw corn chips
- salad course - possibly a green salad, but maybe something different, just to mix it up a little. After all, we're celebrating the harvest, let's get a little creative for this one. ;)
- maybe even a soup course - there are so many raw soup recipes out there!
- entrees: nut loaf, mashed jicama or cauliflower recipe, marinated veggies (some marinated kale - mmmm sooooo good), if i could find a good raw stuffing recipe, probably use that, and I'd probably make raw cranberry sauce, just to make it all kinda 'authentic'.
- desserts: mmmmm, well, definitely raw pumpkin (or yam or sweet potato or squash) pie, and raw chocolate truffles, maybe another raw cake or pie s well.
Other choices for entrees might be: zucchini " pasta" with sauce (marinara, pesto, or alfredo), or maybe a raw lasagne... raw burger patties between two portobello mushroom 'buns' with toppings, raw caesar salad, and jicama fries and raw ketchup is also very good, raw pizzas would be nice, too. Or if I were making a large meal for a lot of people, I might just go nuts and make it all and have QUITE the raw buffet!! ;)
1 comment:
If you do find out the pinkie thing let me know because that has happened to me before. Total numbness just in those fingers...!
I have to confide that all week I have had a HORRIBLE skin rash all over me, that started (I thought) from a reaction to deoderant- just in my armpits. Next day it started down my arms. Then my legs. They're teeny tiny bumps that are itchy as all hell. I'm apparently SO IRRITATED!
Post a Comment