30 October 2009

Taking a moment to reflect...

General food intake today:
  • a generous 2L of green smoothie (romaine, banana, apple, blueberry, blackberry, maca, Vitamineral Greens, agave, goji berries, cacao beans, lime juice and water)
  • a bowl of muesli (rolled oats - not raw, goji berries, mulberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, sucanut - a very small amount (not raw), dried cranberries, a little cinnamon), a banana sliced on top and some thin almond milk
  • probably about 1L of water with organic lime in it
  • 2c of chia pudding (chia seeds, shredded coconut, sesame milk, agave nectar, lucuma, cinnamon)
  • too many raw banana cookies (cashews, bananas, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg) - seriously, I ate so many I lost track. :P
  • a bowl of zucchini "pasta" with mock peanut sauce on it (from jennifer cornbleet's book) and a carrot

Nourished the mind? Yep, read some Jane Goodall today and had some very thought provoking family conversation. And I was banker during Monopoly City family boardgame night; taxing my poor brain into mathematics. Good grief!

Nourished the soul? Yep, had a good laugh today over some of dh's antics. Tai chi is very soul-nourishing, too... creates such space and stillness within. It's wonderful. Got some good hugs today from the family. We enjoyed a really nice dinner together for which I'm very grateful. And the pets - the dog, cats, and yes, even the chickens and rooster, provided some companionship and enriched my life today. And now, even as I type this, I can hear the surf at the ocean, and it's a lovely, soothing sound. :)

Nourished the body? An hour of teaching tai chi, and some delicious raw vegan food. I feel like I'm learning to respect what my body wants - at some moments I buzz around, very focused and getting things done swiftly, other times I lie on the bed and just rest (and ya know what, it's okay. The world doesn't fall apart because I'm lying down in the middle of the day. Who knew?!).

And the question I have for YOU today is this: at what age do you believe children are morally able to embrace the concept of forgiveness? just something I'm wrestling with right now.

No comments: