18 August 2009

So I think I mentioned that I neglected to exercise much for about 9 days there last week. OOPS. I think the only exercise I got was one tai chi class in there. So a couple days ago, I was DETERMINED to get back into it. I did two sets of tai chi in the morning, rowed a fast 6 kms in the afternoon, and did another set of tai chi before bed.

Next morning, I woke up with a lump in one of my lymph nodes. At first, I was a little panicked. Where the heck did this lump come from so suddenly overnight?! What IS it?! It was a painful, hard lump, about the size of a small egg. Once I realized it was a lymph node, I knew that the lack of exercise for over a week had definitely affected the circulation of lymph tissue in my body. OBVIOUSLY. Two days now I've had this lump. It's not painful when I'm awake at all, unless I'm touching it (which I try not to). I'm hoping continued exercise will help it go away on its own, as well as Reiki, which I've been doing often lately.

And then as if that weren't enough, an area fairly close to the lymph node got bit by some sort of insect during the night (spider, probably, I'm guessing) - about 8 or 10 small bites, all clustered together. I've been putting lavender oil on them - it's really good for relieving itching. Plus I smell nicer. LOL

It made me think about how health issues first manifest in our energy fields before becoming physical manifestations. What am I to learn from these issues - that's what I'm left wondering... I believe that if we can take care of our health at the level of our energy fields, then I think we can avert more critical health care issues that are allowed to manifest when we ignore our health on different levels. If we only focus on physical health, but ignore our emotional and mental health, or our spiritual health, or even our financial health, or what have you, then we're not looking at the whole picture, are we. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. I'm left thinking that I need to really spend more time learning Reiki, Tai Chi, Meditation... these things are where I feel I'm being led in my life.

Oh, and can I just add (although this may be TMI for some, LMAO) that the lack of exercise also gave me rank BO last week?! I kept thinking, holymother, this is INSANE. I (sometimes) use a natural deodorant (Nature's Gate), but it seemed completely ineffective against the detoxing my body was trying to accomplish (why we try to stop our body from detoxing is purely due to social stigma, imo; we should be ENCOURAGING our bodies to detox, even if it means unbearable BO from time to time). And what HAVE I learned from this whole thing? Sweating daily during regular exercise is SOOOOOOOO important for our bodies - it helps circulate lymph tissue, it allows our body to detox through the sweating so we don't smell like we haven't showered in three months (LOL), it is so beneficial for regulating our hormone levels, for giving our muscles tone and as a stress reliever, yadda yadda....

So now? NO PROCRASTINATING. EACH DAY I will sweat. I will exercise. I will moooooooooooove my brilliant, beautiful body. Right now. ;)

No comments: