14 August 2009

raw food

Okay, I admit it. The sun is shining and I *STILL* haven't gone outside to plant seeds yet. In a minute, in a minute...

I wanted to tell you I've been creating some DELICIOUS raw food lately. I've taken photos but haven't uploaded them. They'll be worth the wait, I promise. You'll be drooling when you see these fantastic meals:
  • Corn tortilla chips - Absolutely Abeba's book - go great with fresh salsa and guacamole!
  • Raw "sun"burgers and raw ceasar salad - the burger recipe was from Ani Phyo's book (complete with black sesame "bread"), the salad recipe from J&J's Living Raw Foods - which the whole family enjoys.
  • Raw oatmeal made with blended soaked oat groats, from Jennifer Cornbleet's book.
  • and "Pancakes" with Raspberry Syrup from Ani Phyo's book, once again.
  • Raw Chocolates - again a J&J's Living Raw Foods recipe - they're in the freezer. I don't have more than 1 oz a day.
It's been so nice when the family all had burgers the other night (two meat, one veggie), to sit down with a raw burger myself. Not often do we all have the same meal, with our individual dietary choices. And again this morning as the kids had pancakes, I whipped up some raw pancakes for myself (they're SOOOOOO fast to make). I do love my green smoothies, though and try to make sure I get a litre a day, usually 2. The other day I had 4L, which was GREAT!!!

I'm going to make more corn/tortilla chips very soon. Corn's just coming into season here and will be for another month or so, so I'll be able to get it cheap and make lots - once dehydrated, they last for at least a month. YUMMERS.

But now, I must go plant. ;)
Arrivaderci!

No comments: