At least 75% of my clothes are organic cotton - probably closer to 90% if I actually do the math. A couple years ago I made a commitment to myself that any new clothing I purchased had to be organic. It was a matter of principle and as I've replaced item after item, it's nearly always been an organic cotton purchase. Which means I wear a lot of cotton. LOL I think I have a couple bamboo shirts, a pair of hemp pants, but for the most part it's all cotton. And, fwiw, my wardrobe is almost completely replaced from 3 yrs ago, because...
I've lost 75 lbs in the past 3 yrs. On Earth Day 2006 I went overnight from a standard north american diet to a 100% vegan diet, and then last April (2008) I became a raw vegan. What do I eat? Vegetables (including the very important dark leafy greens), fruit, nuts and seeds. No meat, no dairy, no refined sugars or processed foods. Still, there's LOTS of variety on a raw food diet and I don't feel deprived. And did I mention I've lost 75 lbs? LOL I'm WAYYYYYYYY healthier now in my mid-30s than I was at nearly any point in my 20s. For more than a decade I was obese and I finally feel like I'm gaining a little control over that whole part of me.
I have no tattoos. otoh, the idea of getting a tattoo intrigues me, otoh, it creeps me right out. if i *did* get one, it'd be a dragonfly with irridescent colours. but (shivers up my back) i can't see it happenin'.
i have had my nose pierced. i have had my ears pierced. at the moment i have no piercings, and have not for more than a year and a half now. i don't miss the earrings - i haven't worn them in more than a decade - but the nose ring, i do kinda miss sometimes. but i'm not getting it repierced.
i have now logged over 6.9 million metres on my rowing machine. this month i will reach (maybe i have already, i should check) 7 million - which means Concept2, the company that makes the rower, will be sending me a new pair of socks!!!! (no, sadly, not organic cotton) If that's not incentive - a free pair of socks - I don't know WHAT will get you off the couch and exercising. ROTFL i row 100 kms a month - 5 kms a day, 20 days a month. i used to row 10 or 12 kms a day, 6 days a week, but that was really a lot.
that is all. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment