11 April 2009

GLORIOUS Sunshine....

It is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL sunny day.... and it's mid-afternoon and I'm *STILL* inside. I've been working in the office the past nearly 4 hours and it's time to get out there and enjoy the sun!!!

Yesterday I painted our 9x12 shed, which was only ever half-painted. So I painted like a mad-woman, and got the entire thing painted (I promise I'll post a picture once the trim is up and it's completely finished.... lol, that may be years away still!). I still have to do a second coat on 2 of the 4 walls, but at least it's a good start. And I repainted our front door and the front entry wall which the door is in... it faces the sun (south) and over time the siding just sucks in the stain, so it was looking rather bedraggled before I painted. It felt so GOOD to get a chore done around the house. SO good.

Today I'm off "elf-ing" for Easter tomorrow... we use the plastic eggs, and I typically fill them with: fresh strawberries, dried apricots and cranberries, sometimes some money (ds collects pennies & nickels)... this year I was SO pleased to find some raw chocolate eggs at www.cafebliss.ca downtown, so I grabbed a dozen which will also go in the eggs (and I haven't eaten a single one yet!!). In the past I haven't looked for raw chocolate; instead I've used high quality chocolates like those from Denman Island chocolate. mmmmm.... yummy. Happiest of Easters to you and your families.... :)

Did you hear that Angela Stokes and Matt Monarch are getting hitched on Summer Solstice? Check out www.rawunion.com for more info... I'm actually considering going on a roadtrip to Southern Oregon to join in the celebrating. It sounds like so much fun!! Raw goodness.....

Anyway, not much to report otherwise. I really need to get out in that sunshine and get my elf-ing done. Cheerio

No comments: