Wow - we got snow in March! That's weird. lol Our island got dumped with snow overnight and this morning... our house at 7:30 this morning had about an inch (the grass was still poking through) but it snowed heavily the next 3 hours and by 10:30 we had a good 4" (10 cm). Crazy. We had a meeting in town to go to (that yes, I could've cancelled), but I am very grateful to have AWD on the car (and I carry chains) so I figured I'd be alright. WELL. I should say that the 20+ kms into town are, at the best of times, hilly & curvy, and when they are covered in inches of snow are pretty slick. There were 4? 5? cars in the ditch, or sideways in the middle of the road (on blind corners on hills), making road conditions treacherous. Even on the straight stretch, I managed to do a complete 360 with the kids in the car... at more than 60, closer to 70 kms/hr. FREAKY. My raw vegan heart jumped into my throat. Luckily, we ended up between the telephone poles, and all was good. A few seconds of mindful breathing from us all and we were on our way. Yes, I drove more carefully after that, so it was a learning lesson. I haven't done that (spun out) in close to a decade.
Anyways I need to... scratch that - want to - go and exercise now, so I'm going to go now. But just before I do, can I just ask you other raw vegans out there - have you tried chlorella nuts, and do you like them?! I picked up some the other day and I tried 2 and well, they taste like.... like algae or seaweed or something. I couldn't quite embrace the taste of them yet. Maybe they'll grow on me. I really think they'll be good for me, so I'm determined to overcome my initial response to them but I'm wondering how others eat 30 or 45 of them at a time!!
The other thing I picked up was a greens/grass powder. I have been looking for something like VitaMineral Green (buy it here if you like) but couldn't find it locally so I opted for another brand, Enerex Greens Rx (buy it here). Fwiw, our local health food store was $15 more expensive than I found it for in the health food store in the nearest city - so it paid to shop around in my case. I'm REALLY enjoying it, and worked out the cost per day ('cuz I'm like that - constantly calculating things out in my head) at ~$1.20 per day. So that's quite affordable, imo.
Can you hear that? It's my rowing machine calling me.... Must go now. lol :)
1 comment:
omg scary drive! I did that with mom when I was like 3 or 4 yrs old on 232nd lol
Post a Comment