16 January 2009

Rut?

I tried posting from the computer at the library yesterday but the R key was sticky, so I decided to wait. It's been a busy week... we have been housesitting and the owners have been delayed on their trip home b/c of weather concerns, so instead of 4 days it's turned into 7. No big deal. They're really great to housesit for.

Classes are starting up again after the holidays. I taught my first Tai Chi class earlier this week and ds had his very first Aikido class, which he REALLY seemed to enjoy. Next week we go full throttle with classes every day. I don't usually structure our week like this - I'm more likely to arrange two classes on the same day so we can minimize our car use. It's rather unfortunate we'll be driving into town every weekday for the next several weeks. I packed up all the holiday decorations this week and the cleaners were here today, so it's like the house has had a good spring cleaning. There is still a decently-sized pile that needs to be decluttered, but progress is being made!!!

otoh, I'm feeling like I'm in a rut this week with raw food. Because of housesitting we are driving a lot between the two homes - feeding pets here and also there; it also means I haven't had the time to spend thinking of and planning raw meals. So I go for simplicity. Raw muesli nearly every day for breakfast with almond mylk (and usually for a snack as well at some point during the day) and then something simple at home for lunch - a salad or zucchini noodles with pesto and a little red pepper and avocado on top (I had made little jars of raw pesto in the summer and put them in the freezer; i'm finding them great for quick meals), and something simple for dinner - green smoothies the past several nights, because they're quick and portable (1L canning jars). And partly because of hormones or partly because I haven't made the time to exercise, I feel like I'm gaining weight (even though the scale insists I'm not... much. LOL). Since Dec 1st when I ended the 45 day juicefeast I've put on ~10 lbs, which for post-feast isn't unheard of, I'm told by others, especially since I easily dropped 30 in 45 days. I'd really like to get back into drinking juice each day - starting the day with juice was really nice. And I REALLY need to exercise each day. It's such an important part of the equation for me. 25 or 30 minutes on the rowing machine makes such a HUGE impact on my mental (and physical) health. No worries. I *am* drinking water each day and I *am* REALLY enjoying the sunshine yesterday & today... like Aleesha I've been missing it dearly (not realizing how much so until it shone brightly yesterday!).

LOL my 4 yr old is rowing right now - playing the Fish game on our rower... what a good role model she is for mom!!! :)

Have a great weekend! Rawk on!

3 comments:

Beauty of Expression said...

Sounds like you have your plate full for the next few weeks..mwhahaha..sorry I couldn't help myself. Seriously though, I know how much it sucks when you aren't used to going out everyday to switch to running the roads... Especially when you want to be using your energy in other ways, like exercising and preparing more interesting meals for yourself. There just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes....
Nice to hear you are teaching Tia chi classes..that is awesome!!

Haylee said...

I have to ask because it's been bothering me for the longest time... why do you spell almond milk with a "y"? I understand the desire to separate it from regular cows' milk, but isn't the "almond" in front of it enough? -lol- I'm a grammar freak so every time I see "mylk" I just shudder.

I still love reading your blogs whole-heartedly. :)

~n~ said...

LOL Haylee, I, too, am a bit of a grammar freak and fwiw, my dh just this weekend said the exact same thing as you - it's already got 'almond' in front of it, why distinguish it further as 'mylk' instead of 'milk'?!?! Too funny. I don't know why I started spelling it that way; I think I saw it in one of the raw books and thought wth, I'll try spelling it that way. So if you can look past my eccentricities... LOL :)