13 December 2008

Saturday

Another Saturday night at home, snuggled in with the kids, warm in our beautiful (if unfinished) home. The snow is falling (first of the season) gently outside, and the Christmas lights on the cedar tree in the front yard look beautiful, with the branches dusted with snow. The children went to a friend's birthday party this morning while I gave Reiki to two friends here at home. I've got the soup for the community christmas party (which is tomorrow morning, btw) made, the buns made, in the morning I'll cut up veggies and make dip, rice krispie squares (festive ones, ;) made, (vegan) chocolate gingerbread cupcakes made, and 5 dz gingerbread people made, with icing and decorations ready for little ones to decorate. Got the CD player and holiday music, the extra presents for Santa to hand out, the elf costume, the crafts and art supplies... PHEW. Have I remembered everything?! Let's just hope the snow that's falling doesn't stop people from coming out tomorrow morning.

Last night I read The Hidden Messages in Water by Dr. Masaru Emoto, a Japanese researcher. If you haven't gotten into reading or watching (on DVD) any of his work, I highly recommend it. When I have more time than I presently have, I'll share what really excited me about this book I read last night. Not every day that you find a book that you just can't put down, a book that you have to read cover-to-cover before going to sleep.

Have you heard of the movie, What the Bleep Do We Know? I had to look this one up on Wikipedia... or you can check out the website at www.whatthebleep.com/ It looks like a movie I'd enjoy... but maybe it's only me who hasn't heard of it; after all, it originally came out in 2004. That's only 4 yrs to hear of it out here where we get no radio, no tv signals, and no newspaper... LOL just kidding on that last one. But I am pretty out-of-touch with the Continent (meaning North America). Just to show you I'm not completely out of touch, though, I am aware of some kind of global economic crisis apparently goin' on at the moment. Hasn't really affected my reality here on the Island, but I guess it might one day. Alls I know is I'm gonna grow some more food for my family in 2009, travel less (not hard to do since 2008 was a banner year for travel in this household; now we're so flat-assed broke we couldn't get off Paradise (aka this Island) if we wanted to - LMAO), and um, well, that's all I can think of right now. See? I'm not completely out-of-touch. (well, so maybe I am. LOL)

But at the moment it's gettin close to 10, and even if it is Saturday night (and i pretend i don't have anything better to do), young children need sleep if they're going to party hard tomorrow morning, so I'd better start some semblence of a bedtime routine around here, before Wee Willie Winkie comes-a-knockin'.

Namaste
~n~

No comments: