17 October 2008

Creative in the Kitchen...

[2nd post of the day] Today I have made some really yummy juice combinations. One was pineapple, red pepper, and celery (with E3Live). Another was carrot, beet and pomegranate. And another was lettuce mix, celery, apple, beet and ginger. I've really enjoyed the ginger in the juices today - it's so warming. And I recreated Doris at home: yam, carrot, apple, ginger and cinnamon - only I put too many apples in and not enough ginger or yam. Still, it was very good. One thing I'm struggling a bit with is drinking straight green juices. I am having a hard time letting go of fruit in all my juices. Anyone have any suggestions? I realize it's just a thought - and I can change a thought just be being open-minded. I'll have to sit with that one. ;)

The day is going great; I can't say I'm on a total juice feast - both yesterday and today I've eaten a few things - an apple, a banana, some veggies; but I am enjoying the juices and it is so nice to be home.

Oh, and I just wanted to add that it IS possible to run errands all day and still eat raw/drink raw juices. Yesterday we were out from 9 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. I made 4L of juices and put them in the cooler in the car and had an extra 1L jar that I used for drinking from. When it was empty I'd just refill from the cooler. Worked very well and while it may be second-rate to drinking freshly made juices as soon as they're made, it must be better for you than drinking pasteurized store-bought juices.

Namaste
~n~

No comments: