I have been reading again (I'm sorry, was that a collective groan I heard? LOL)... I read Angela Stokes' The Juice Feaster's Handbook and I must say I really enjoyed it. I picked it up after reading Aleesha's rave review of it (http://www.timelessspirit.com/). There are some really practical tips on juice feasting, she shares her experience with her 92 day juice feast, and it was really really well-written and comprehensive. My one comment would be that the typset is quite small (no, no, I don't need glasses) and if she ever reprints it, I'd vote for a larger sized font. And one other thing I would enjoy seeing is it printed on environmentally friendly (100% post-consumer recycled?) paper. It may be; at a quick glance I didn't see if it said anywhere what it's printed on. But overall, those are really petty things and I am not going to distract from the wonderful message of which Angela writes. It is a really valuable resource.
The other book I am reading I picked up at Angela's talk last week in Victoria - it's Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices: what's missing in your life? by Norman Walker (Dr.). I was amazed that it was originally published in 1936 and printed annually until 1970, and this copy was a 1978 print. Isn't it amazing how people have known about the benefits of juicing for so many decades already? Another really good, practical book. Goes through each individual juice and talks about the benefits each juice brings. Also has guidelines for combining juices (eg. 10 oz spinach to 6 oz carrot). I'm still reading about the benefits of each juice. Another excellent resource (but Angela's writing is easier to read, like a friend having a pleasant conversation with you, imo).
No comments:
Post a Comment