16 July 2008

Roadtrip ahead!!

Vrooom vrooom!! Here we are, gearing up for more travelling next week. The kids and I are going on a roadtrip - 5,000 kms of driving!!! It should be fantastic... 'though some might say torture. We'll see. I adamantly refuse to go with the portable DVD player. My kids WILL NOT be plugged into visual technology while traversing this great country of ours. It will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see oceans of grains growing on the prairies, and grain elevators that they've up-'til-now only seen in pictures, never mind the majestic peaks of the Rockies and sooooo much more. Besides, we have cruise control, A/C and a CD player in the car, and friends and family to visit nearly every night along the way. I'm bringing travel bingo, audio books from the library, and we've got more games than you can shake a hat at in store; "A my name is Arnold and my sister's name is Andrea. We live in Abbotsford and we sell apples." Your turn!

3 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

omg I remember that LOL !!! B my name is Barbara my brothers name is BOb. We live in Bermuda and we sell bamboo ! Your turn !
=)

~n~ said...

or how about "I found a pile of dirty socks on the road and I one it." "I two it." "I three it." and on and on until "I eight it." ooh ha ha ha the PEALS of laughter from the kids. it's SOOOOOOOO funny. maybe not funny enough to get to winnipeg, though.

Anonymous said...

I need to know how your survived the trip, all the way with no technology. Honestly though, my mom bought us DVD players for our last car trip and the kids didn't have that much interest in them. Dom was too busy pointing at all the trains.

Oh and by the way, you have been tagged :)

http://annesgarden.wordpress.com/