29 June 2008

Cob Workshop complete!

Well, I'll write more tomorrow - must get the little people to sleep, but we have just returned from a fabulous 9-day/8-night cob workshop. I feel totally empowered and capable of building something with cob - either an oven, bench, outhouse(!) or shed of some sort. I will post pictures soon and tell you all the details... but here's something to ponder. 12 hours ago, I had my hands in plaster and was plastering the walls of the 2-story cob cottage we helped build this week. The plaster was made of clay and.... well, you'll just have to come back tomorrow to find out what it was mixed with!
In light & love,
~n~

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

Very cool! I'm interested to know what environment needs to exist to sustain a cob house. Where can they NOT be built?? I know sod houses existed on the prarie- does this mean cob could indeed be built out here also?? And what about permits; are cob houses building inspected?! Yada yada... Looking forward to hearing all about it
=)